Are you thinking about marrying someone from beyond the United States borders? You may also be thinking of applying for fiancé visas to bring them to Clearwater with the hope of working on your relationship. That sounds great in theory, but legally you should be settled on your decision before applying for this type of entry. An immigration attorney at the law firm of Julie Beth Jouben, P.A. can help you with the application, but only you can finalize the decision of marriage.
A Fiancé Visa Is For Those Who Are In a Serious Relationship
With the onslaught of online dating services, physical borders have become less of barrier for relationships. You no longer need a passport to meet someone overseas; all you have to do is log into this or that website and you have a choice of single men or women from any nation in the world.
The ease of meeting people from all around the world may make it seem that those aspects that come with being in a relationship are less serious as well, but when it comes to your fiancé visas in Clearwater, that is not the case. In fact, the United States takes your alliance with someone from another country very seriously.
Before applying, you need to know that the United States law requires all of the following:
- That you intend to marry the fiancé you are applying for.
- That you are a United States citizen.
- That both of you are legally free to marry. At the time that you submit your application, all previous ties must be legally broken.
- That you have met your fiancé in person within the last two years (there are some cases where this can be waived due to religion, culture, or extreme hardships).
- That you must marry within 90 days of the day your soon-to-be spouse enters the country. If the marriage does not take place, your fiancé visas will expire.
- That your income meets at least the minimum requirements necessary to support your future spouse, or that you have another US citizen who is qualified to vouch for you.
Julie Beth Jouben, P.A. Can Help You Understand and Acquire Fiancé Visas
If you are in a serious relationship, and would like to go ahead and file for fiancé visas in Clearwater, Julie Beth Jouben, P.A. can help you through the process. If you are still not sure if you meet the requirements, call us to discuss your current situation at our office.